Technical Professional, Propcom Mai-karfi (PM) - Nigeria
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Propcom Mai-karfi is a DfID-funded programme aimed at increased incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems. It is now implementing a 3-years extension (2018-2021) to work in the following 9 states:
- Borno, Adamawa and Yobe;
- Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi and
- Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa.
Propcom Mai-karfi is looking to recruit Technical staff with relevant experience in the commercial agriculture space in Nigeria and experience working in the North East of Nigeria. We are looking to employ key staff to occupy several positions to be based in several locations with frequent travels as required.
To provide strategic direction and management to the technical work within the identified states by collaborating and coordinating with other team members, the Senior Leadership team, core specialists, the Results Measurement team and identified Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA).
RequirementsSCOPE OF WORK
The work covers the management of interventions and associated activities overseeing strategic and administrative elements of it and ensuring progress and achievements which contribute to wider programme milestones. Establish, maintain and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders and Propcom Mai-karfi partners. Maintain strong communication channels with the Support team to ensure timely, safe and appropriate delivery of activities and travels.KEY COMPETENCIES
The key areas include, business analysis, concept development and strategy design; open communication; a relationship building. Have tested business skills and can mentor staff and beneficiaries; is an innovator and is self-motivated; ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A degree or similar qualification in Business Development, Economics, Agronomy or Development Studies or relevant experience within the commercial agriculture space;
- Work experience in activities related to agricultural commodities / marketing and sales within value chains and rural development, with some experience working with the private sector and key players that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria;
- Experience leading / managing and/or coordinating diverse teams; receiving and writing reports; managing budgets and workplans;
- Experience in business strategy development with a focus on agricultural value chain analysis;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in presentations and liaison with external parties.
- Ability to speak Hausa is desirable. Fluent verbal and written communication in English is essential.
- Previous experience working with major donors (DFID, USAID)
- Experience in market development activities in post-conflict environments
- Previous experience using the market for the poor (M4P) approach
- Knowledge of northern Nigeria Agricultural supply and demand chains