Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Funded under the US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Kenya HMIS II project supports the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems. These innovations include the development and scale up of electronic medical records systems (EMRs) for clinical decision support and improved patient care, the development of the Kenya National Data Warehouse (NDW), a centralized data repository of data from EMRs for analysis and reporting, the development of an interoperability layer to support the exchange of da across systems, and numerous other innovations including patient identification using smart cards, informatics solutions to support health surveillance, and mHealth solutions to support data collection at the community level.
Kenya HMIS II is looking for a UX Specialist to work with cross-functional teams to improve the user experience for our full product suite, including information products. The UX Specialist will work with the Stakeholder Engagement team to ensure that the project team has a deep understanding of the end users and to seamlessly translate these insights to product design. S/he will therefore work with the product and data solution architects to provide insights to influence product design and ensure that data is effectively used to creative tell visually compelling stories. The UX Specialist will work with the BA team to simplify requirements and concepts through user research tools and techniques. S/he will also work with the Data Use team to influence information design decisions based on a clear understanding of user goals, the dimensions of the data, the data structures and the interaction required from the visualization.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Experience, skills and abilities
- Collect, review, and assist in refining user requirements by partnering with the BA and Stakeholder Engagement teams in collecting briefs and prioritizing business requirement questions.
- Design and conduct user research using methods such as: participatory design sessions, facility/site visits, focus group discussions, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Design prototypes, screen mockups, and wireframes based on user feedback and identify potential usability constraints and design opportunities.
- Communicate with the Dev team to guide the translation of designs from concepts to code.
- Work with the QA team and Devs to develop and automate UX metrics to measure and track the impact of design changes on user experience.
- Train the project team on UX trends or best practices.
- Establish and maintain a project UX research library and toolkit.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in conducting user research, analysis and UI/UX design.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer insights into storyboards, detailed user journeys, visual design comps, wireframes with navigation models and end-to-end content lifecycles.
- Demonstrable experience in deploying and using usability testing tools and services.
- Excellent communication skills with strong experience in applying UI/UX best practices, user research evidence and customer insights to influence product/ information design decisions.
Other Key Information
- Bachelors in IT, Design, Computer Science OR equivalent work experience.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates UX/UI strategy, process and high-quality outputs.
- Local travel within Kenya will be required for user research as necessary.
- The role is highly deliverable-based and allows for flexible working hours under negotiated Level of Effort (LoE).