Value Chain Development Specialist, Agricultural Competitiveness- Nigeria
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is recruiting for the anticipated USAID-funded Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness project. The goal of the project is to create a catalytic investment mechanism which develops enterprises and links smallholder farmers to the private sector. The project will develop value chains for domestic food security while also enhancing export promotion.
Purpose of Position
Palladium seeks seeks experienced Value Chain Development Specialists to support activities in areas associated with Agriculture Competitiveness and Agribusiness.
Duration: 5 years
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Master's Degree in Agronomy, Business Administration, Marketing.
- At least 10 years experience of value chain development preferably with a donor-funded project;
- A Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of experience in value chain development will also be considered
- Strong knowledge of value-addition, processing, aggregation, quality improvement, market linkages, marketing of agriculture commodities
- Experience working with enterprises and/or cooperatives and producer groups
- Excellent communication, training and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in any of the following key areas: establishing/training agro-dealer networks, linking value chain actors to finance, linking value chain actors to markets, improving crop quality, post-harvest handling, promoting processing, packaging, marketing of staple crops for domestic and export markets.
- Nigerian Nationals Strongly Encouraged to Apply