Vice President, Data Informatics and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) Practice Area
Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe purpose of the DIAS Vice President is to play a managing role in the Palladium Data, Informatics and Analytical Solutions (DIAS) Practice, providing leadership and management for DIAS projects and staff in the Americas? region. The DIAS VP will be accountable for the growth of the practice, the successful delivery of projects contained within the practice, and the growth and development of staff working in the practice.
ResponsibilitiesThe primary responsibilities of the Vice President, DIAS are to:
- Provide overall management for all DIAS projects and staff in the Americas? region, serving as the single point of accountability to the Managing Partner for DIAS for the successful delivery of projects. The VP will:
- Work with other Palladium practices and partnerships to ensure that DIAS offerings are understood throughout the company, and that these offerings are being included in relevant projects and activities;
- Manage the growth of the practice, including exploring new clients/areas for DIAS growth, managing the business opportunity pipeline, deciding on opportunities to pursue and, together with the Americas? Managing Partner for DIAS, making investments in these approaches;
- Work with individual DIAS project directors to ensure that all projects are being implemented successfully, from both technical and financial perspectives;
- Lead the development of DIAS practice informational material, and drive internal/external communications of that material;
- Lead the development and the effective implementation of the DIAS practice strategy;
- Manage DIAS personnel deployment, assigning practice staff to appropriate projects and business development efforts;
- Develop, monitor and manage DIAS indirect expenditures and budgets;
- Monitor and manage the practice?s contributions to the company?s performance goals; and
- Act as Project Director on individual projects as and when required.
- Actively build and maintain client and consultant relationships.
- Provide leadership in the design and delivery of high quality data, informatics and analytical solutions on all Palladium DIAS projects within the Americas? region, and engage in the winning of new business relating to DIAS; and
- Develop broader Palladium knowledge about DIAS, including mentoring and coaching senior and junior staff members to share knowledge, tools, resources and experience that will enable all staff to keep on top of emerging trends and technical debates, and to identify and implement best practices
- The role will actively support and collaborate with other practice areas within the Americas? business partnership, and other practice areas and business partnerships throughout Palladium;
- The role will actively build and maintain client and consultant relationships
- A high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation where applicable.
RequirementsMinimum education and experience required
- Relevant Masters? degree in management, informatics, economics, modelling, monitoring and evaluation, international development or a related field.
- A track record of progressively increasing management responsibilities for large-scale projects and/or management units, including setting performance objectives, managing for results, giving and receiving feedback, performance evaluation and mentoring and coaching consultants/employees.
- Strong leadership skills;
- Strong project management skills, with a proven track record of successfully managing large-scale complicated projects and/or management units;
- Strong personnel management skills with the ability to mentor, coach, lead, develop and evaluate both junior and senior staff;
- Proven experience and success in identifying new areas of business opportunities, developing and leading comprehensive business development capture plans, and winning large scale projects;
- Financial acumen and ability to interpret and analyze complex financial information, and to succinctly present findings based on these analyses;
- Ability to develop high-level strategic relationships with other practices throughout Palladium, and with other organizations outside of Palladium;
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to effectively lead meetings and deliver presentations; and
- Sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.