Achieving Results with the Right KPIs: An Introduction to Business Performance Management
The right KPIs within the right performance measurement process are a critical part of what drives your organization to achieve sustainable results.
Despite the exponential growth in data availability and the increased sophistication of analytical techniques, the challenge remains to make sense of all the measurement data gathered today. Many managers drown in financially oriented data, struggle to gain meaningful insight into the data they gather, and fail to measure non-financially oriented, but highly relevant, data metrics.
Attend this Kaplan-Norton Endorsed Training to gain the following benefits:
- Understand why organizations need to develop KPIs to strengthen their performance and strategy management system
- Learn a proven set of tools to develop effective KPIs for your organization in a consistent and integrated fashion
- Gain practical experience by applying the tools with a series of exercises designed to enable you to apply the theory and see how it works on real world examples
- Advance your knowledge and sharpen your skills is one of the critical steps of the strategy execution process.
What level of knowledge do I need to attend?
No previous strategy execution knowledge is required to benefit from this program. The six-stage Kaplan-Norton Execution Premium Process™ (XPP™) will be outlined at a high-level as part of the training, with a specific focus on KPIs within that framework.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers and decision-makers responsible for driving results by selecting KPIs, setting targets, monitoring results, and executing strategic objectives and initiatives. Suitable for below job titles and similar:
- Vice Presidents of Business Strategy
- Chief Strategy Officers
- Performance Management Managers or Officers
- Business Unit and Department Managers
- Business Analysts
- Project Management Leaders
- Quality Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Risk Management Professionals
The KPIs training in Toronto will be led and delivered by senior experts Carlos Duran and Rick Powers.
Carlos is currently responsible for Palladium Business Development in Canada. He has more than 20 years of experience in Strategy planning and Execution, Process Improvement, Change Management, Corporate Performance Management, Project Management, and has led a number of business transformation programs. He developed his career in first-rate national and multi-national organizations in the private and public sector across the Americas (North, Central and South America), Europe and Africa.
Two of the companies he advised were awarded by Drs. Kaplan and Norton with the Palladium Hall of Fame prize for achieving extraordinary results through the implementation of the Execution Premium model: Grupo Modelo and SHF Development Bank.
Carlos is a frequent speaker at strategy management and corporate performance events with experience as a trainer and facilitator for management trainings.
He is MBA from Newcastle University, UK, Quality Engineer from the Technical University of Cologne, Germany and Civil Engineer from the National University of Tucuman, Argentina. He is also a certified Lead Quality Auditor EOQ (European Organization for Quality) from TÜV Rheinland, Germany.
Rick Powers is an expert at operationalizing measures, design of experiments, and seeing potential links between desirable measures and data sources. He is currently active in developing strategies and implementation plans and executing them through portfolio management programs and process improvement projects. Rick has more than 15 years in the Information Technology and consulting business, with hands-on roles in Statistics and Research, Business Intelligence and Project Management, and senior leadership roles in Policy and Planning, Information Technology and Operational Effectiveness.
Rick has experience in both public and private sector organizations including Toronto Children’s Services, Teranet, Elections Ontario, Region of Peel, City of Burlington, City of Cambridge, City of Kawartha Lakes, Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation, Town of New Tecumseth, Municipality of Clarington, Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville.
Rick has an MA in Public Policy and Administration and has completed a certificate in Lean Six Sigma at the University of Toronto.
08:00am - Registration & Coffee
09:00am - Introduction and Overview
- Introduction the Execution Premium Process (XPP)
- KPIs and Measuring Performance
- Analyzing Measurement Data
- Presenting Measurement Data
- Measurement Problems and Pitfalls
- Course Summary and Conclusion
SAVE CAD $100!
Early Enrollment Price: CAD $400
Expires: October 25, 2017
Standard Price: CAD $500
20 Bay Street, 11th Floor
- 18 Mar - 21 Mar Kaplan-Norton Strategy Execution Boot Camp: Positive Impact and the Execution Premium Process San Diego, CA, USA Certification Classes
- 11 Dec - 14 Dec Kaplan-Norton Strategy Execution Boot Camp: Positive Impact and the Execution Premium Process Miami Beach, FL, USA Certification Classes