How to Build a Strategy Map and a Balanced Scorecard - A Kaplan-Norton Endorsed Training
Teaches in depth a systematic approach to producing a strategy map to focus and communicate strategy and a corresponding Balanced Scorecard to measure progress, according to the Kaplan-Norton methodology.
- Gain in-depth understanding and practice on building two crucial tools for managing strategy: Strategy Maps and the Balanced Scorecard
- Understand the difference between financial and customer objectives and the enabler objectives in the internal process and learning and growth perspectives
- Master objective causality and how to analyse it
- Identify the relevant KPIs that will enable the successful management of your strategy
- Understand the different processes for identifying targets and when you should apply each of them
- Report on your Balanced Scorecard with the aim to enable data-driven performance conversations
- Define a quantifiable and time-bound vision
- Design themes to enhance the vision
- Define Strategic objectives organized under the four perspectives within a strategy map
- Design a Balanced Scorecard with corresponding KPIs, targets and initiatives
- Analyze cause and effect in a strategy
- Report on the progress of strategy
Victor Sevillano has more than 23 years’ experience in Strategy, Marketing and Sales Management, building his career in first-rate national and multi-national organisations across Europe, South America, Middle East and Asia, such as Akzo Nobel, Sara Lee, Nutrexpa, Cosmos Aromática and Palladium. For the last 3 years, Victor has been an advisor to the former CEO of Economy, Finance, Business & Employment at Barcelona City Hall, supporting the execution of the strategic plan in the areas of economic promotion and business development.
Clients include Abu Dhabi General Secretariat of the Executive Council, City Hall of Barcelona, City Hall of Sant Cugat, Carrefour Group in Spain, Mercadona in Spain, Jumbo Supermarkets in Chile, Tom Sailor in Venezuela, Diplomatic School in Barcelona, Eurochambers in Brussels.
Victor's track record accounts for more than 100 new products and services launched both within the FMCG and B2B markets, over 50 mass media communication and PR campaigns managed, over 35 international conferences and client events, and tens of advisory services to different companies.
Day 1: Building a Strategy Map
- Overview of Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecard and where they sit in the XPP™
- How to identify and build strategic themes
- Outcome level map (financial/value and customer perspectives)
- Enabler level map (internal process and learning and growth perspectives)
- Analysing Objective Causality
Day 2: Building a Balanced Scorecard
- Best practice approaches to identifying KPIs based on the objectives
- Identifying targets
- Identifying strategic initiatives
- Data Analytics
- Reporting Scorecard Performance
Qatar University - Center of Continuing Education
- 19 Nov - 22 Nov Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Boot Camp™ Dubai, United Arab Emirates Certification Classes
- 13 Nov - 14 Nov Doing Great by Doing Good: How Profitable Strategies Deliver Positive Impact A Master Class in Strategy and Performance Management delivered by Dr. Robert Kaplan Grand Hyatt, Mumbai, India Workshops