Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Boot Camp
Learn from the people who wrote the books - not the people who read the books!
The Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme is the most comprehensive, extensive and authentic representation of the Balanced Scorecard strategy framework created by Dr. Robert S. Kaplan and myself. It is the only training and certification programme that we endorse.
--Dr. David Norton, Palladium Founder and co-creator of the Balanced Scorecard
Strategy Execution goes beyond the original Balanced Scorecard
Since the creation of the seminal Balanced Scorecard framework, Dr Kaplan and Dr Norton, working with Palladium, have developed the 6-stage Execution Premium Process™ (XPP™), a framework that supports thousands of organisations around the globe.
To support the adoption of the XPP™ framework by business and industry, government and non-profit organisations, Dr Kaplan and Dr Norton have personally designed the Palladium training curriculum and the professional Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme. Over 4000 strategy management professionals have enrolled in the programme so far and the community is growing rapidly every day.
What makes Palladium training different?
- Learn from the source! Palladium is the “point of origin” for the Balanced Scorecard, as our founders, Dr Robert S. Kaplan and Dr David P. Norton are credited with the creation of the Balanced Scorecard Concept, Strategy Maps, Strategy Focused Organisation Principles and the Execution Premium Process™ - Hear from Dr Norton what makes Palladium training unique
- It is delivered by the best and most experienced international trainers. Palladium’s trainers are highly seasoned practitioner-trainers with hands-on knowledge across many industries in organisations of all sizes implementing the Kaplan-Norton framework.
- Helps you build your credentials and validate your proficiency with a professional Kaplan-Norton certification. The Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Exam is a rigorous testing of knowledge, making the Palladium Certification the most sought after by potential employers.
- Learning by doing! Participants work in facilitated groups to apply the theory in practice and be ready to take it back to their workplace the next day.
- Share experiences and gain best practices from fellow practitioners. Our training provides unparalleled opportunities to network with peers, during the programme and after the programme in local strategy execution community sessions, future events or through social media.
- Gain individual advice from a team of experienced Palladium consultants. At the end of each training day Palladium trainers and consultants are available for one-on-one sessions to clarify issues, guide you through your particular situation and provide timely advice on any challenges in implementation that you encounter.
The Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Boot Camp™ in Dubai will be led and
delivered by Palladium trainer, Ryan Englund.
Ryan K Englund has extensive experience in leading corporate-wide value
improvement efforts and in creating and implementing new management processes to ensure dramatic organizational improvements in the public and the private sector.
Ryan guides boards and executive leaders to successfully execute strategies, focusing on leadership commitment, organizational alignment, and performance measurement. He leads corporate-wide value-improvement efforts that achieve dramatic business improvements. Ryan facilitates and develops management teams to achieve significant improvements in operations and to increase their rate of strategic learning.
He was Vice President, Strategic Planning & Change for the NutraSweet Kelco Company. He also served as Vice President of Operations for Jac Pac Foods. Prior consulting experience includes two years at Renaissance Solutions, five years at Monitor Company, and four years at Bain & Company.
Mr Englund is an expert in facilitating client project teams to develop and implement successful strategies, to achieve significant gains in performance and to increase their rate of strategic learning. International experience in strategy and strategy implementation includes Canada, Brazil, England, Germany, Denmark, U.A.E, Qatar, Trinidad-Tobago, Venezuela, and Sudan.
Ryan has been a Master Trainer on many of Palladium’s Boot Camps and Seminars around the world for over 15 years.
The Boot Camp covers the below content over 4 days.
Module 1: Develop the Strategy
- Affirm mission, values and vision
- Exercise: Mission Statement
- Exercise: Setting the Vision
- Perform Strategic Analysis
- Define the Value Gap
- Exercise: Change Agenda
- Formulate the Strategy
- Exercise: Value Proposition
Module 2: Translate the Strategy
- Define Strategic Objectives and Themes
- Exercise: Strategic Themes
- Define Strategic Measures and Targets
- Define Strategic Initiatives
- Assign Accountability
- Strategy Translation Process Overview
- Exercise: Strategy Map
Module 3: Align the Organisation
- Define the Corporate Strategy
- Align Business Units
- Exercise: Alignment
- Align Support Units
- Communicating the Strategy
- Align the Workforce and Incentives
- Alignment beyond the Enterprise
Module 4: Plan Operations
- Set Priorities for Strategic Processes
- Use process and driver models to operationalise the strategy
- Exercise: Create a Driver Model
- Create Operational Dashboards
- Integrate Financial and Resource Capacity Planning
- Integrate and Plan for Intangible Assets
Module 5: Monitor and Learn
- Conduct Strategic Review Meetings
- Case Study: Grand Hotel case study
- Conduct Operational Review Meetings
- Manage the Initiative portfolio
Module 6: Test and Adapt
- Test the Strategy’s Cause and Effect Relationships
- Using Data Analytics
- Test the Robustness of the Strategy
- Using Business Intelligence and Big Data
Module A: Leadership for Strategy Execution
- What is Leadership?
- Characteristics of Leadership for Strategy Execution
- Organisational Building Blocks of Effective Strategy Execution
Module B: Strategic Risk Management
- Define Strategic Risk
- Identify Strategic Risk Events and Sources
- Prioritise Strategic Risk Events
- Identify Strategic Risk Indicators
- Identify Risk Mitigation Initiatives to Eliminate or Reduce Risk
- Monitor and Manage Strategic Risk
Module C: Create OSM Infrastructure
- Establish OSM as Strategy Management System Designer
- Make OSM the Process Owner
- Use OSM to integrate other Strategy Execution Processes
- Exercise: OSM Audit
- Provide Staff Resources
- Establish Senior Reporting Level
>> New exercises To help enhance and solidify your learning, reconfirming how all the stages XPP™ link together.
>> An improved certification exam experience You will now be able to take a mock-up exam before sitting the real thing, giving you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the process.
>> Glossary of terms To help you navigate the multitude of complex concepts that you need to master.
Super Early Bird - $4995 per person (registrations before 15 February 2018)
Early Bird - $5495 per person (registrations on or before 15 March 2018)
Full Price - $5995 per person (registrations after 15 March 2018)
UAE tax legislation requires 5% VAT to be applied to all training fees, with the exception of delegates residing in the UAE Freezone (or those from countries not liable for UAE tax, such as GCC countries that have not implemented the new VAT rules or countries outside the GCC). Companies from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who have a VAT registration number are also exempt from 5% tax upon presentation of their KSA VAT number at the time of booking.
Significant discounts are available for all public sector employees and group discounts are available for teams of 3 or more from the same organisation. Please contact Charlotte Taylor in the UK for your tailored quote on Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com or call +44 1225 462967.
Payment terms are 14 days from date of invoice, or if the date falls within 14 days of commencement of the event, then prior to arrival. We accept US Dollar payments by credit card - Visa, MasterCard or American Express - wire transfer or cheque. US Dollar wire transfers are to be made to:
Account Name: Palladium International Pty Ltd
Bank: HSBC Bank Australia Limited
Bank Account: 031-171663-900
Substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be received by email to Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com by 8 April 2018. After this date, all registrations, including no shows, are subject to the full Boot Camp Fee and no refunds will be made. Delegates may request to transfer their registration to an alternative course, subject to our terms and conditions. However, if a cancellation occurs within 7 days of the course start date, we regret that no transfers may be made to alternative events and no refunds can be given.
Kempinski Hotel, Mall of the Emirates
Sheikh Zayed Road, 120679, Dubai,
United Arab Emirates
+971 4 341 0000
Experience an unparalleled level of luxury at the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates that is connected to the award winning Mall of The Emirates. Located on Sheikh Zayed Road in the Al Barsha district, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is centrally situated with close proximity to areas such as Downtown Dubai, Dubai Marina and Palm Jumeirah. The journey from Dubai International Airport to Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates takes approximately 30 minutes.
The Kempinski hotel are offering Palladium delegates discounted accommodation rates of 800 AED per night.
Note 1: Above rates are per room per night subject to 10% Service charge, 10% municipality fees and AED 20 tourism fee.
Note 2: The rate is inclusive of buffet breakfast.
Rooms are bookable 14 days prior to the event after this subject to availability.
To make a reservation email email@example.com or call +971 4 341 0000 ensuring you quote Palladium Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Boot Camp. If you have any issues please email Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com or call +44 1225 462967.