Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Training *With Certification*
Learn from the people who wrote the books - not the people who read the books!
The Palladium Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme is the most comprehensive, extensive and authentic representation of the Balanced Scorecard strategy framework created by Dr. Robert S. Kaplan and myself. It is the only training and certification programme that we endorse.
-- Dr. David Norton, Palladium Founder and co-creator of the Balanced Scorecard
Strategy Execution goes beyond the original Balanced Scorecard
Since the creation of the seminal Balanced Scorecard framework, Dr Kaplan and Dr Norton, working with Palladium, have developed the 6-stage Execution Premium Process™ (XPP™), a framework that supports thousands of organisations around the globe.
To support the adoption of the XPP™ framework by business and industry, government and non-profit organisations, Dr Kaplan and Dr Norton have personally designed the Palladium training curriculum and the professional Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard certification programme. Over 3,500 strategy management professionals have already enrolled in the programme.
What makes Palladium training different:
- Build your credentials and validate your proficiency with a professional Kaplan-Norton certification - the ONLY certification programme endorsed by Drs Kaplan and Norton. The Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification Exam is a rigorous testing of knowledge, making the Palladium Certification the most sought after by potential employers.
- Learn from the source! Palladium is the “point of origin” for the Balanced Scorecard, as our founders, Dr Robert S. Kaplan and Dr David P. Norton are credited with the creation of the Balanced Scorecard Concept, Strategy Maps, Strategy Focused Organisation Principles and the Execution Premium Process™
- Delivered by the best and most experienced international trainers. Palladium’s trainers are highly seasoned practitioner-trainers with hands-on knowledge, who have worked in many organisations implementing the Kaplan-Norton framework.
- Learn by doing! Participants work in facilitated groups to apply the theory in practice and be ready to take it back to their workplace the next day.
- Share experiences and gain best practices from fellow practitioners. Our program provides unparalleled opportunities to network with peers, during and after the programme, future events or through social media.
- Gain individual advice from a team of experienced Palladium consultants. At the end of each training day Palladium trainers and consultants are available for one-on-one sessions to clarify issues, guide you through your particular situation and provide timely advice on any challenges in implementation that you encounter.
On completion the full 4-day Kaplan-Norton BSC Training™, delegates will have completed the educational requirements demanded by the Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme™. Delegates may then register to sit the Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification exam and, upon passing the online exam, will receive their Kaplan-Norton BSC Certified™ Diploma.
Over 4,000 strategy management practitioners around the globe have now enrolled in the Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme™.
The Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Training with Certification in Johannesburg will be led and delivered by Palladium trainer, Victor Sevillano.
Victor Sevillano has more than 23 years’ experience in Strategy, Marketing and Sales Management, building his career in first-rate national and multi-national organisations across Europe, South America, Middle East and Asia, such as Akzo Nobel, Sara Lee, Nutrexpa, Cosmos Aromática and Palladium. For the last 3 years, Victor has been an advisor to the former CEO of Economy, Finance, Business & Employment at Barcelona City Hall, supporting the execution of the strategic plan in the areas of economic promotion and business development.
Clients include Abu Dhabi General Secretariat of the Executive Council, City Hall of Barcelona, City Hall of Sant Cugat, Carrefour Group in Spain, Mercadona in Spain, Jumbo Supermarkets in Chile, Tom Sailor in Venezuela, Diplomatic School in Barcelona, Eurochambers in Brussels.
Victor's track record accounts for more than 100 new products and services launched both within the FMCG and B2B markets, over 50 mass media communication and PR campaigns managed, over 35 international conferences and client events, and tens of advisory services to different companies.
Module 1: Develop the Strategy
- Affirm mission, values and vision
- Exercise: Mission Statement
- Exercise: Setting the Vision
- Perform Strategic Analysis
- Define the Value Gap
- Exercise: Change Agenda
- Formulate the Strategy
- Exercise: Value Proposition
Module 2: Translate the Strategy
- Define Strategic Objectives and Themes
- Exercise: Strategic Themes
- Define Strategic Measures and Targets
- Define Strategic Initiatives
- Assign Accountability
- Strategy Translation Process Overview
- Exercise: Strategy Map
Module 3: Align the Organisation
- Define the Corporate Strategy
- Align Business Units
- Exercise: Alignment
- Align Support Units
- Communicating the Strategy
- Align the Workforce and Incentives
- Alignment beyond the Enterprise
Module 4: Plan Operations
- Set Priorities for Strategic Processes
- Use process and driver models to operationalise the strategy
- Exercise: Create a Driver Model
- Create Operational Dashboards
- Integrate Financial and Resource Capacity Planning
- Integrate and Plan for Intangible Assets
Module 5: Monitor and Learn
- Conduct Strategic Review Meetings
- Case Study: Grand Hotel case study
- Conduct Operational Review Meetings
- Manage the Initiative portfolio
Module 6: Test and Adapt
- Test the Strategy’s Cause and Effect Relationships
- Using Data Analytics
- Test the Robustness of the Strategy
- Using Business Intelligence and Big Data
Module A: Leadership for Strategy Execution
- What is Leadership?
- Characteristics of Leadership for Strategy Execution
- Organisational Building Blocks of Effective Strategy Execution
Module B: Strategic Risk Management
- Define Strategic Risk
- Identify Strategic Risk Events and Sources
- Prioritise Strategic Risk Events
- Identify Strategic Risk Indicators
- Identify Risk Mitigation Initiatives to Eliminate or Reduce Risk
- Monitor and Manage Strategic Risk
Module C: Create OSM Infrastructure
Establish OSM as Strategy Management System Designer
Make OSM the Process Owner
Use OSM to integrate other Strategy Execution Processes
Exercise: OSM Audit
Provide Staff Resources
Establish Senior Reporting Level
We have been listening to our certification community of 4000+ certified graduates and are making improvements to our learning experience by implementing some of their suggestions:
>> Comprehensive case study Running through the 6 stages of the XPP™ which will help strengthen your acquired knowledge and showcase what success looks like.
>> New exercises To help enhance and solidify your learning, reconfirming how all the stages XPP™ link together.
>> An improved certification exam experience You will now be able to take a mock-up exam before sitting the real thing, giving you the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the process.
>> Glossary of terms To help you navigate the multitude of complex concepts that you need to master.
After Your Training
• Complete all 4 days and pass the Kaplan-Norton BSC Certification™ exam in order to receive your Kaplan-Norton BSC Certified™ Diploma.
Email Charlotte on Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com to book one-on-one time with your trainer and maximise your training experience.
As you look at training budgets for 2018, please consider sending a team to Palladium training in Johannesburg. We offer fantastic value training course to suit any budget and we are happy to provide significant discounts for teams attending the training together. Remember - we are also the ONLY training endorsed by Dr Kaplan and Dr Norton!
Early Bird - £2,195 per person (registrations on or before 23 March 2018)
Full Price - £2,750 per person (registrations after 23 March 2018)
*Certification Upgrade Cost: £795
For delegates who wish to upgrade their training to join the Kaplan-Norton Balanced Scorecard Certification Programme™, an additional fee of £795 is charged. This includes registration into the Certification Programme and the Online Exam Fee.
Group discounts are available for teams of 3 or more from the same organisation. Please contact Charlotte Taylor in the UK for your tailored quote on Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com or call +44 1225 462967.
Payment terms are 14 days from date of registration, or if the date falls within 14 days of commencement of the event, then prior to arrival.
Payment by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express), wire transfer or cheque must be in British Pounds. British Pounds wire transfers should be made to:
Account Name: Palladium UK Ltd
Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland
Bank Account: 23132292
Sort Code: 16-00-15
Address: Royal Bank of Scotland, 62-63 Threadneedle Street, London, EC2R 8LA
Substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be received by email to Charlotte.Taylor@thepalladiumgroup.com by 14 May 2018. After this date, all registrations, including no shows, are subject to the full Training Fee and no refunds will be made. Delegates may request to transfer their registration to an alternative course, subject to our terms and conditions. However, if a cancellation occurs within 7 days of the course start date, we regret that no transfers may be made to alternative events and no refunds can be given.