MEASURE Evaluation: OVC ESI Outcome Monitoring in Kenya
Palladium is seeking the services of a Kenya-based research organization to support its implementation of the second round of three household surveys of participants in three PEPFAR-supported projects that aim to improve the well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in Kenya. The first round of the survey was conducted in November 2016. This second survey will be conducted within the following same areas and households visited in November 2016 as follows:
- Survey 1: Bungoma, Busia, Homa Bay, Kakamega, Kisii, Kisumu, Migori, Nyamira, Siaya, Vihiga
- Survey 2: Kisumu, Siaya and Homa Bay
- Survey 3: Bomet, Kericho, and Narok.
The survey will measure project outcomes, referred to as Essential Survey Indicators (ESI), using a standardized methodology that has been developed for application across multiple countries. Information on this methodology, together with findings from the first round of the three Kenya surveys can be found at: https://www.measureevaluation.org/our-work/ovc/monitoring-outcomes-of-pepfar-orphans-and-vulnerable-children-programs?searchterm=OVC+MER+supplement Additional information can be found at: https://ovcimpact.org/
Palladium is seeking a sub-contractor research organization to assist with protocol development, data collection, data management, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination for this second round survey. The selected research organization will work in collaboration with the Palladium team based in the United States.
Qualified candidate organizations will have:
- Experience in conducting large household surveys in Kenya preferably on topics related to OVC and with the methodologies outlined in the PEPFAR MER Supplement;
- Skills and experience in research ethics and best practice in child protection;
- Ability to recruit and train qualified data collectors;
- Proven capacity to plan and manage survey operations and logistics;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of data quality assurance practices;
- Data management skills and experience including electronic data file preparation for analysis;
- Survey data analysis expertise focusing on change over time;
- Sound human resource and financial management systems for timekeeping, invoicing, financial forecasting, management and payment of staff for field data collection;
- Ability to work as part of a larger multidisciplinary team and with multiple stakeholders; and
- Capacity to work under a tight schedule and to meet deadlines.