West Africa Food Markets Pilot Programme: Consultancy for Food Mapping Scoping
The West Africa Food Markets (WAFM) Programme, funded by DFID, supports businesses to launch innovative ventures that increase production, processing and marketing of staple crops through cross-border trade. The project supports businesses to launch innovative ventures that increase production, processing and marketing of staple crops through cross-border trade. The project provides grant funding to agribusinesses that have the potential to grow and create impact through scalable models and strong smallholder supplier networks across national and regional markets. We believe the success of food markets is tied to policy, regulatory and market realities. Therefore, our policy work seeks to engage with a wide range of key stakeholders to pursue realistic and much needed changes to the policy environment. By prioritising the increased availability of staple foods across our four focus countries (Burkina Faso, Ghana, Niger and Nigeria) we are boosting purchasing power, regional trade and the resilience of farmers and people to hunger and malnutrition.
This call for proposals is open to all firms who wish to participate in the WAFM food mapping scoping to:
- Role of key private sector grain traders trading grain into the countries covered by WAFM Burkina Faso, Ghana, Niger and Nigeria;
- An indicative pricing per ton of grains at the major grain markets in focus countries
- Volumes that these traders can bring in to regional staple food markets;
- Set out national trade policies likely to be enforced in the event of acute food shortages in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger and Nigeria;
- Provide market requirements information and market linkage opportunities in the region;
- Identify actual and potential market barriers and possible ways to avoid or mitigate negative impacts on trade in cereals and cereals products.
- Qualitative and quantitative data on WAFM value chains (cassava, millet, sorghum, rice and maize).
For further information on the ToR and tender submission please email address Noe Kossonou - email@example.com