Associate, Business Operations - New York
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Supporting the New York-based practice, the role serves as part administrative and part operations / events logistics
. This role reports to the Managing Director of the New York office and has three primary functions (1) administration for the New York office and relevant tasks; (2) support for implementation of effective and efficient operational, financial, and compliance activities to deliver projects in accordance with contractual obligations, company policies, and client rules and regulations; and (3) logistics for hosted training and events
The primary responsibilities of Associate, Business Operations are to:Project Operations
Training & Events
- Support project start-up, maintenance, and closeout by administering contracts, training and establishing project teams, processing payments and invoices, maintaining records, and reconciling financial and contractual data
- Learn company policies, SOPs and Guidelines with the goal of providing support in these areas to project teams;
- Support the development and presentation of internal and external reporting and ensure these outputs are fit for purpose;
- Participate in internal audits or systems reviews with the goal of learning how to conduct periodic compliance checks on processes and internal controls;
- Serve as a focal point for project teams, ensuring team members are trained on company policies, SOPs, and Guidelines and that team members are equipped with appropriate internal resources as needed.
- Execute on Due Diligence frameworks for Clients, Consultants, Partners and Vendors
- Adapt global policies to the needs and requirements of the private sector commercial practice, including improvements to due diligence infrastructures, efficiencies to standard forms, adaptations to best business practices
- Serve as the point of contact for Knowledge Management and enforce the upload and inclusion of commercial work into the global knowledge database
- Provide logistical and operational support for private sector engagements outside of the New York consulting practice as needed
- Execute onsite logistics for strategy execution trainings and networking events (travel required at least 4 times per year, domestic and international);
- Negotiate venue contracts for trainings and events, including room blocks, food & beverage, and any other accommodations needed to ensure contracted spaces properly support needs;
- Print and produce client-facing event portfolios with attention to detail, including documents with sensitive client information and copyrighted material;
- Act as a point of contact for guests and event team members throughout the event period;
- Liaise with all event vendors and contributors to ensure accurate and punctual event production and schedules;
- Conduct post-event evaluations and content revisions, working toward the idea of consistently improving client experience.
- Implement process improvements where applicable to improve, to enhance and to better facilitate future contracting opportunities with hotels - including tracking and maintaining the contract database of RFPs
- Serve as the IT specialist for all training and events set-up - understand and be able to adapt the infrastructure of CVent (event management software) to enable registrations for future events
Head Contract and Client Relationship Management
- Assist with monitoring expenditure against budgets and forecasts, including staff costs, operating expenses and procurements;
- Serve as a coordinator for service providers and process work orders and invoices;
- Assist in ensuring the accuracy of client invoices (including monthly, milestone and performance based invoices);
- Reconcile and report office expenses and credit card acquittals monthly;
- Support the external audit process and ensure retention of project records is compliant with company policy.
- Serve as team point of contact for charge code and accounting procedures (e.g. workforce files, rejournals, etc.)
Human Resource Management and Recruitment
- Process completed contracts and initiate project start-up procedures as required;
- Review and support contract amendments as required.
- Understand when a contracting opportunity is different from those opportunities prior to that event and work directly with C&C to craft and create a contract template for that specific type of opportunity and all similar opportunities going forward (e.g. commercial contractors, commercial subcontractors, due diligence practices)
- Negotiate on behalf of the team and alongside C&C to ensure fair enforcement and agreement to all contracts (hotels, consultants, partners)
Marketing & Events
- Provide support for HR and recruitment as needed;
- In collaboration with Security, ensure safety and security procedures, including Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements, are in place and adhered to;
- Support the mobilisation and demobilisation of consulting staff (short-term) including travel management.
- Serve as the team's point of contact for marketing opportunities and liaise with the wider marketing team to ensure CIP's opportunities are included in the global outreach
- Serve the team as the point of contact for InDesign and graphic design needs for publications / social media (when global team is not available and with global team approval)
- Provide logistical support and follow up for any and all events necessary to the promotion of the team externally (webinars, physical events)
- Coordinate data / information management to provide trends and evidence for marketing campaigns
- Answer phones and greet clients guests as required;
- Handle updates to security systems and manage updates to CRM database;
- Maintain stock of office supplies and coordinate office shipments and orders;
- Interface with building management and other vendors for general office maintenance;
- Provide executive assistance across special projects as needed.
- Serve as the office catering and internal events coordinator (responsible for office holiday events and meeting catering coordination)
- Project management and/or administrative support experience with management consulting;
- Event execution and planning experience including venue booking and guest relations;
- Working verbal and written proficiency in Spanish is a bonus, but not required;