Business Consultant, PRISMA 2 - Surabaya
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture 2 (PRISMA 2) is a five-year program (2019 - 2023) funded by the Australian Government's aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia's agriculture sector.
The Business Consultant advises national and international private sector partners on business solutions that better reach rural customers. He/She will develop sound business plans and manage projects using strong business analytics to optimize social impact on the rural economy.
The Business Consultant is responsible for organizing and guiding at least one (and supporting other) interventions in the Program. Business Consultants work in close collaboration with each other and with the Result Measurement (RM) team. They oversee the research, identification and development of new business opportunities within targeted market systems.
- Undertakes data collection and research for analyzing specific market systems in selected agriculture commodities in the target provinces.
- Analyses root causes of the under-performing market systems and assist in developing an inclusive sector strategy for selected commodities.
- Identifies, assess and selects potential private/public partners.
- Contributes to the development of sustainable and inclusive business models to increase sector competitiveness.
- Regularly uses the data and information (financial and results) from the MIS to enhance intervention strategies.
- Negotiates deals with private/public partners to implement innovative business models.
- Develops contract documents.
- Together with private/public partners develops detailed workplans and budgets as the basis of partnership contracts.
Results Measurement (RM) and Communication
- Oversees the implementation intervention strategies including workplans and budgets.
- Monitors the progress and adjusts strategies to successfully transform the commodity's value chain into a more competitive one.
- Provides accurate monthly forecasting of budgets based on regular monitoring of partnership contracts and takes accountability of monthly invoicing.
- Acts for the intervention partnership/s as the focal contact person.
- Supports the RM team to conduct regular monitoring and evaluation of partnerships.
- Undertakes regular impact projections for on-going and pipeline interventions.
- Supports the communications team to develop learning and communication products.
- Reporting, Administrative and other tasks.
- Qualifications in economics, business administration, marketing, agricultural studies, finance, social sciences or an equivalent discipline preferred
- A sound understanding of business and economics of how markets work, specifically in Indonesia.
- Strong analytical mind and a flair for facts and data.
- A love for out of the box thinking
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to work with partners and in teams.
- Ability and experience in business plan development.
- Willingness to learn from mistakes and ability to think 'out-of-the-box'.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia in both verbal and written skills.
- Proven work experience is one of great advantage.
- Ability to manage tasks and responsibilities while in the office or when traveling to the fields
- Experience in development project is not required.
Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email/phone and expected join date will be on the 1st July 2019.
Should you experience any issues logging in or submitting your CV, or if you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com