Business Development Manager
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
We are seeking someone to assume and shape a new role within our business development team. The role will support Palladium to implement business growth strategies and bid activities. The candidate will support the use and refinement of Palladium's business development process, resources, and guidelines, helping our teams to engage with clients, design new projects, and prepare proposals to Department for International Development (DFID) and Foreign Commonwealth Office (FCO).
The primary responsibility is to bring greater focus and efficiency to capture / bid teams, by making sure "the trains run on time", and that teams focus their bid work on responding to client needs, building a clear and compelling offer, in consideration of the competitive environment.
- Identify opportunities, develop marketing strategies and lead business growth with existing and new clients in both established and growing markets.
- Support creation and improvement of business development reporting, management, and tracking systems and guidance.
- Serve as a resource for building team's capacity on business development systems, tools, and guidance; manage and share knowledge; facilitate training and workshops; and connect employees with business development opportunities.
- Identify, organise and lead reconnaissance efforts in target countries.
- Develop knowledge sharing communication materials for business development, including client engagement and bid materials, including brochures, infographics, process maps, and thought leadership pieces.
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the different teams.
- Support subject matter experts around the company, providing guidance and support on project design and bid development, including quality assurance, consideration of whole of business resources and approaches, and alignment with company best practices.
- Lead the development of technically sound and client-focused proposals.
- Participate on bid teams as facilitator, bid manager, writer, recruitment support, coordinator, commercial bid development and review, partnership broker and manager.
- Support technical teams to track industry information sources and trends across key sectors for use in bid processes and client engagement.
- Develop and maintain information and knowledge management systems, including bid content, market information, competitor analysis, partner data, etc.
- Lead adherence to the business development process, including facilitating meetings and supporting opportunity analysis and capture strategy.
- Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Connect with senior colleagues and the business development teams to optimise use of BD resources / investment and maximise business opportunities.
- Foster a positive working environment and influence teams to achieve results.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under pressure.
- Skill and comfort working with groups and facilitating workshops.
- Understanding of donor client procurement and ways of doing business preferred.
- Ability to handle both strategic and administrative tasks and issues.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Excellent emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, flexibility, and work ethic.
- Ability to think strategically, understand the big picture, prioritise well, and work independently.