Communications Specialist, Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.This position will be based in Manila for a term of one (1) year, with a possibility of renewal.
- Lead the drafting of a communications framework that will be used to guide support to DOH and PhilHealth Stakeholders in the development and implementation of specific communication strategies;
- Oversee implementation of technical assistance related to providing support for communications to DOH and PhilHealth;
- Work with USAID implementing partners in building capacity of stakeholders during implementation of government-led communication strategies;
- Identifying and implementing complementary approaches to help DOH and PhilHealth develop, implement and institutionalize effective communication strategies;
- Periodically scan information from events and multimedia platforms to flag possible implications to the project and its clients;
- Develop content for communication materials such as: news stories, websites, newsletters, brochures, and social media sites that are maintained by the project;
- Focusing personal efforts on achieving results consistent with the project's objectives;
- Develop and/or update materials used for demand creation;
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to set communication priorities and direction;
- Identify, prepare and disseminate reports and other publications, success stories and best practices, among others;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A degree in Health Sciences, Journalism, Mass Communications or any other humanities with five (5) years of relevant experience. Master's preferred;
- Experience in implementing communications strategy in an international development programme will be advantageous. Knowledge of DOH and PhilHealth programs an advantage;
- Experience in developing and publishing tailored and innovative communications material;
- Previous experience in managing an active website and/or social media account;
- Effective communication skills, an ability to write effectively and to provide guidance and editorial support for staff from non-English speaking backgrounds;
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to prepare and review high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner;
- Ability to multitask, be well organised and with a high attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of commonly-used software (Microsoft suite and Adobe CS software);
- Personal initiative, creativity, and drive;
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com
. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.