Consultant, Translation for HIV financing activity in Lao PDR
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Dates: March 2019 - June 2019
(intermittent - total approx. 30 days)
Location: Vientiane, Lao PDRCompany Profile
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modelling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.Project Profile
As external HIV funding decreases, more and more countries are relying on domestic resources and programming. To support countries with this new funding reality, Palladium's USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) project is developing transition and sustainability roadmaps, and providing technical assistance to governments, donors, and civil society partners to assess key areas of sustainability for their national AIDS programs. Position Summary
The consultant will provide translation for HQ staff and local stakeholders during meetings, as well as document translation as needed.
The consultant will:
- Provide consecutive and/or simultaneous translation for Palladium staff and Laotian stakeholders/participants during several workshops;
- Provide document translation from English-to-Lao, and Lao-to-English, as needed.
- At least 3 years' experience providing consecutive and/or simultaneous translation for small/medium groups in Lao/English, and English/Lao.
- Experience translating Word and PowerPoint documents from Lao/English, and English/Lao.
- Proficiency/fluency in English and Laotian required.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Some knowledge of the current HIV situation in Laos ideal.