Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative that utilises a market systems development approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth. MDF can be scaled-up to support further market development activities in country and in additional countries as needed.
MDF is a multi-country facility, currently operating in five countries: Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Each country has its own country team on the ground, with a Core Leadership Team headed up by the Chief Executive Officer providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight across all MDF partner countries. Role:
Due to internal movements, the challenging and multi-faceted role of Deputy Country Director (Operations) has become available. This role suitably sits alongside the Deputy Country Director (Technical) role and supports the Country Director to lead the ongoing success of the Pakistan program.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the leadership and management of operations and finance staff, ensuring that all operational aspects of MDF Pakistan run smoothly and in a manner that is compliant with host country laws and regulations.
Under the overall guidance of the Country Director (CD), the DCD (Ops) will lead strategic planning for MDF operations, setting of management targets.
Supported by a team of operations and finance staff the successful applicant will be responsible for delivery in the following areas:
- Contribute to overall strategy, planning and direction setting
- Manage the performance and development of the operations and finance team
- Ensure cross cooperation and coordination with the implementation team.
- monitor services provided by MDF operations and finance staff to partners, technical teams, ensuring compliance with DfAT and Palladium policies and procedures
- Ensure MDF meets all necessary requirements to operate legally in Pakistan; including, but not limited to, procurement, contracting, compliance with local registration, manpower and reporting regulations.
This senior role works as part of the MDF Pakistan senior leadership team, has a broad scope of operational functions including compliance, finance, office and asset management, procurement and contracting, administration, logistics, IT, human resources, and security.
For complete TORs click
- At least a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline; or equivalent demonstrated experience in management in large projects or organisations, preferably for international development donors or organisations
- Demonstrated experience in senior leadership role including financial and human resources management of complex projects
- High level planning, organisational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of capacity development approaches
- Attention to detail and accuracy within all aspects of work
- Excellent command of both verbal and written English
Applications should include a response to the position requirements. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a single document.
Position open to Pakistani nationals and permanent residents with authority to live and work in Pakistan. Rates of pay are based on local labour standards.