Editors/ Writers- MDF- homebased
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
At MDF, our teams work with business, associations and government in Asia Pacific to help farmers and workers thrive. We use a market systems (MSD) approach to achieve long term, lasting growth and create sustainable jobs for poor women and men.
Women's Economic Empowerment (WEE) is central to our work on the ground, and our teams in Fiji, Timor- Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are dedicated to ensuring that our activities benefit women and girls.
MDF is funded by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT). It is implemented by Palladium in partnership with Swisscontact.
MDF is seeking professional Editors and Writers to work with on a range of professional communications materials.Editing
- Read, evaluate and edit reports or other materials developed for publication, and confer with relevant MDF (or other) authors regarding changes in content, style or document organisation.
- Proofread a variety of reports and other communications pieces to remove grammar and spelling errors while maintaining author's tone.
- Finalise a variety of reports and other communications pieces in excellent English.
- Where there is more than one author, standardise the language and ensure a good flow and logical development of arguments.
- If required, reduce the document word count while retaining the salient points.
- Format documents in MS Word according to the MDF Branding and Editorial Guidelines as supplied by MDF.
- Work with country teams or other MDF personnel to co-author or ghost-write reports, sections of reports and/or stories for inclusion in reports.
- Write additional text for drafted documents, such as the Executive Summary, additional sections or significantly re-write or re-structure drafted sections into polished English, while maintaining the author/s' tone and key points and conferring with the relevant MDF (or other) author regarding changes.
- Write shorter and/or companion communication pieces for heavier, technical reports.
- Professional qualifications in writing and editing desirable
- Excellent written English spelling and grammar
- Meticulous attention to detail
- An ability to produce high quality outputs, while juggling multiple inputs and working to a deadline
- Strong organisational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and work as part of a collaborative team
- Established reputation and experience as in professional writing and editing.
- Knowledge of market systems development approaches, or related approaches, desirable.
Applications must include the following:
- A response to the Requirements
- A portfolio of works, including links to publicly accessible samples of work
- A rate card listing rates based on an 8 hour day. Must be in AUD for both editing and writing.
- Contact details of at least two recent professional referees.
Work will be home based, preferably within the MDF timezones. Successful applicants will be contracted on a call down basis. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.