Events Coordinator, Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Pacific Labour Scheme (PLS) and the Seasonal Worker Programme (SWP) are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs &Trade (DFAT).
The Events Coordinator
will work with the Events Manager to support the organisation and delivery of events that promote the activities of the Pacific Labour Facility. The events will range from semi-formal meetings with partners to large-scale promotional events involving Australian government and industry representatives and visiting delegations from Pacific Island countries.
Under the direction of the Events Manager the Events Coordinator will:
- Liaise with the Leads of all PLF streams to maintain and update the PLF Events Calendar.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all expectations of PLF events are clearly defined and achieved.
- Provide regular updates to the Events Manager on the status of upcoming events.
- Liaise with the PLF Communications Team to coordinate marketing and promotion of PLF events where required.
- Support the registration, preparation, logistics and delivery of all PLF events, including:
- Submit detailed event schedules prior to events, including detailed event budgets.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager, engage suppliers and/or other selected vendors for logistics (accommodation, transportation, venue hiring, catering, equipment, and printing) based on the approved budget).
- Regularly update the Events Manager and Demand Team on the event preparation status and respond to requests for information by attendees and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Communications Team for the production and distribution of various event materials e.g. fact sheet, handouts, event agenda, speaker profiles, and any other relevant materials for the meeting or event.
- Establish lists of participants, send out invitations as required.
- Compile confirmed registration lists of participants, speakers, support staff, event management team, etc.
- Act as primary contact for all venue arrangements (meeting rooms, audio visual equipment, catering, registration desks, name tags, etc.)
- Coordinate travel arrangements of attendees as required (flights, accommodation, transfers, etc.)
- Maintain financial records of all purchases related to the event, follow all relevant operational processes regarding procurement of goods and services.
- Other tasks as requested by the Events Manager.
The Events Coordinator will possess the following qualifications and experience:Essential
- A relevant qualification in the area of event management or similar.
- Relevant work experience in planning and facilitating large scale events.
- Experience working with teams, working remotely, ability to work autonomously and coordinate all relevant parties.
- Demonstrated experience in working to deadlines and managing competing priorities.
- Experience working in the Pacific.
- Experience in working on high-level government events.