Finance Officer, PRISMA 2 - Surabaya
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Promoting Rural Incomes through Support for Markets in Agriculture 2 (PRISMA 2) is a five-year program (2019 - 2023) funded by the Australian Government's aid program and implemented in cooperation with the Government of Indonesia. The program will build upon the achievements and results of Phase 1 (2013-2018), using a market systems development (MSD) approach to support inclusive economic growth in Indonesia's agriculture sector.
Under the direction of Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will act as the petty cash custodian and bank account of the Program, maintain the invoice tracker up to date, checking the invoice and preparing the journal entries, and filing the paid invoices in a timely fashion.
- Responsible as the Petty Cash Custodian and the Bank Account of the Program
- Assist the Finance Manager to update the bank approvers in the banking system when the turn-over happens by liaising with Palladium
- Ensure the invoices thoroughly checked before payment and paid in a systemic way to meet up the payment processing standard established in the Program
- Preparing the payment transfer instructions in the web banking and distributing the Payment Approval Forms evenly among the available bank approvers
- Updating the submitted invoices into the Invoice Tracker as the basis to determine the ratio of funds transfer tranches
- Assist the Finance Manager to aim the low bank balance every month-end closing and following up the fund transfer tranches to ensure the availability of funds in the account
- Replenish the impress fund petty cash account at least once a month or every time the balance reaches the low balance and producing the reconciled petty cash report to the Accountant
Financial System and Procedures
- Regularly scan and upload the softcopy of paid invoices onto the Program server and Palladium's share point following the master file structure guidance
- Maintain a good filing system of the physical financial records in a timely fashion including the good naming system, tagging and index reference
- Scrutinize the invoices before being scanned and filed
- Entry and match the invoice in the ERP (MS-GP) system
- Maintain the Invoice Tracker up to date with the payment status of each invoice for the Program
- Report any suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Adhere to the Financial Policies and Procedures of the Program and the Client's regulations
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency to the line manager
- Uphold Palladium's policy of Zero Tolerance on bribery and corruption, and ensure due diligence is followed
- Other tasks as reasonably assigned by the line manager
- Support and strengthen the financial management across the program and ensure appropriate audit functions are carried out
- Support in ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented
- Retrieve the softcopy or hardcopy of the documentation for audit query if required and then refiling into the correct folder
RequirementsEssential Skills/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or management discipline
- Computer literate especially in Microsoft Office
- Experience in project management, development or private company
- Proven experience in managing petty cash and corporate web banking
- Knowledge in accounting, finance and business administration
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team and be customer-satisfaction oriented
- Experience working in development programs under DFAT is an advantage
Female candidates and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email/phone and expected join date will be on April 2019.
Should you experience any issues logging in or submitting your CV, or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com