Finance and Accounts Specialist, Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
The Finance and Accounts Specialist will report to and support the Office/Business Manager in Budget, Accounting and Financial Management functions. This position will be based in Manila to support HEFPP's Finance Operations:
- Ensures all finances are managed in alignment with the Philippines government regulations, company and client's financial policies and procedures;
- Support the Office/Business Manager to prepare, review and revise project budgets and expenditure forecasts including the timely field cash requests and managing cash flows in field office;
- Communicate and follow up with relevant suppliers, consultants, vendors, contractors and staff with regards to invoices, payments, advances or finances in coordination with the Procurement and Administration Officer;
- Reconcile and review invoices for payments;
- Issue payments by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) as well as check and petty cash, as needed;
- Ensure applicable tax withholding, VAT and deductions are applied as per Philippines laws and regulations on all payments in addition to tracking and reporting as required;
- Maintain up to date bank and petty cash account transaction records with all supporting documentation;
- Record all financial transactions in the financial templates provided by HQ, accurately and in a timely fashion;
- Prepare, review and submit regular field vouchers and financial reports to HQ as required;
- Collect bank statements, review cash book, and reconcile the accounts;
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly staff payroll payments;
- Support the Office/Business Manager to prepare, review monthly financial reports and inform/update expenditure forecast/budget on regular basis;
- Support HQ to prepare for periodic audits as may be required;
- Work closely with the Procurement and Administrative Officer for daily tasks and project management;
- Provide subcontractor support as needed in collaboration with HQ including reviewing recipients' finance vouchers and processing recipients' invoices and payments;
- Work with project staff in addition to the Procurement and Administration Officer to calculate and submit cost share information to HQ;
- Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience
- University graduate in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or other relevant field;
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in broader finance, accounts and operations management with an international organization and USG contracts experience preferred (including office management, HR, finance, IT, and logistics);
- Able to communicate effectively and excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships at all levels;
- High level of computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel would be added advantage);
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times;
- Cross-functional team player;
- Results oriented and attention to detail;
- Proven experience in managing expenditures within budget.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.