Health Financing Specialist (FP), Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC (UHC Bill). HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
The Health Financing Specialist (FP) will work closely with the Department of Health (DOH) and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), providing technical assistance on health financing issues in the area of FP, as well as reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) more generally in the context of primary healthcare. His/her scope will include but is not limited to:
- Provide technical support to technical advisors and to the GPH staff as required on health financing issues;
- Provide technical assistance to the redesign or improvement of the various PhilHealth FP benefit packages and related financing activities at PhilHealth and DOH;
- Work with the HEFPP research, monitoring, evaluation and learning (RMEL) team on financing indicators for all project activities;
- Liaise with USAID implementing partners as well as global technical partners (WHO, etc.) working in the area of FP and MNCH to ensure collaboration on FP-related activities, as well as MNCH more broadly, and ensure non-duplication of efforts;
- Provide technical inputs to other project activities in the area of health financing as necessary.
The Health Financing Specialist (FP) will work under the supervision of senior project staff in the area of health financing and health systems, and is expected to collaborate with other project staff members and consultants as necessary.
- Advanced degree in Economics, Health Economics, Public Health, or related disciplines;
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in health financing in the Philippines or in the region. Specific experience on FP &/or MNCH financing in the Philippines, especially on purchasing of FP service packages from public and private providers, financing of maternal health including normal and caesarean section delivery, etc., is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Philippine FP program and related financing desirable. Previous experience working with DOH and PhilHealth on health financing issues will be an advantage;
- High level quantitative analytical skills to guide program activities in dynamic and complex settings, with an ability to operate flexibly, adaptively and in a politically smart manner;
- Effective communication skills, excellent technical writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated proficiency in client management and coordination with multiple stakeholders and ability to engage in a sensitive and political astute manner;
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.