Manager Consulting, Strategy Execution - Kuwait
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Together with clients and the other Palladium team members, Manager frames the goals and deliverables for each client project, and has direct responsibility for crafting roles that provide growth and development opportunities for the more junior consultants in the team. Manager integrates findings across various internal and client working teams to ensure we achieve maximum client impact, and to ensure that the project is completed on time and on budget. They also develop Palladium's relationship within the broader client organization while building up their business development skills.
The primary responsibilities of the Manager are to:
- Develop expertise in a particular industry or two
- Partner with client and Palladium leadership to scope the project, its duration and high level work plan
- Take leadership/project management responsibility on a range of engagement types
- Demonstrate expertise in customizing service offerings to prospect clients
- Establish and manage relationships with client leadership and executives
- Oversee project delivery and make all day-to-day decisions
- Staff the project and assign roles and responsibilities to deliver required results
- Ensure the project is delivered on-time and at margin targets
- Manage scope creep and execute change orders when needed
- Ensure coordination/alignment of deliverables to maximize value
- Customize the delivery approach/best practices to meet client needs
- Ensure effective capture of project intellectual property and lessons learned
- Own the team's professional development by identifying opportunities for growth.
RequirementsMinimum experience required
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- 5 - 7 years of relevant business experience, preferably in strategy consulting, programme management or equivalent multi-client consulting environment
- Balanced skills in general problem solving, concept development, project management, and facilitation
- Experience with performance management methodologies, particularly the Kaplan/Norton framework, is desirable
- Experience leading teams in the delivery of consulting services
- Outstanding facilitation skills, memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Results driven, persistent, and persuasive
- Self-starter/pro-active, strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to travel up to 4 days out of 5
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Adaptability: The ability to communicate change process, consult and understand resistance, manage new ways of working, and flexible to changing priorities
- Critical Thinking: The ability to apply different perspectives, look outside immediate frame of reference, strong analytical skills, comfort working with unstructured and ambiguous approaches to problem solving, intuitive ability to incorporate disparate ideas into simple but effective concepts
- People and Relationships: The ability to develop trusted and effective partnering relationships with clients, advise and influence across all levels of the organisation, strong leadership skills, optimise benefits of diverse and inclusive teams, recognise team member's contribution, foster teamwork and collaboration
- Accountability and Self-Development: Highly organised with effective time management, attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise work based on business needs
- Business Acumen: Manage and align team objectives, apply knowledge of external conditions, understand organisation value drivers, commercial, political and business acumen