Manager, Marketing & Communications
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The purpose of the Manager, Marketing & Communications
, is to help lead Palladium's global marketing function, enhancing the awareness and reputation of Palladium in target markets. This is a senior role on the Global Communications team, reporting to the Director of Communications
- Leads and executes the development of communications programs at the global level (key messages, suite of content), including collateral development (copyediting, image processing, graphic design, production), and digital promotion (online content and social media coverage)
- Contributes to a consistent corporate brand message and suite of tools to align with the global organization
- Develops, promotes, and disseminates marketing and communications campaigns, in support of global market positioning strategies and business development priorities
- Manages Palladium's global Public Relations; responsible for identifying and building relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, etc. to increase media coverage; establish and manage network of company spokespeople and external partners (e.g., agencies, freelancers, etc.)
- Monitors and analyses industry trends and competitive landscape to adjust / enhance company positioning and messaging as required
- Contributes to the strategy and implementation of large-scale events
- Supports strategic planning and budgeting, including forecasting for marketing and communications at the global level
- Works with Director, Communications to contribute to knowledge sharing and skills development across the wider Communications team
Minimum education and experience required
- Relevant qualifications in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- Significant experience in marketing and communications preferably in journalism or B2B marketing, two of which should be at a managerial level
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Evidence of the ability to oversee and deliver high quality marketing and communications media
- Willingness to travel to various Company locations (up to 20%)