Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer, Pacific Labour Facility - Brisbane
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleThe Pacific Labour Facility (PLF):
the PLF facilitates the seasonal and longer-term work opportunities for Pacific workers to Australia. It connects Australian employers with Pacific workers, supports the administration of the Pacific Labour Scheme and provides targeted support to Seasonal Worker Programme. The PLF is managed by Palladium and provides the backbone of Australia's future support for circular labour mobility in the Pacific under the direction of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).Contracting arrangements: Whitelum Group, a sub-contractor of Palladium, will be the employer for this position.Purpose of the Position:
The MEL Officer
will support the MEL Manager
to deliver on the products and services required of the Pacific Labour Facility's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit. The MEL Unit is responsible for the design and implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Framework; design and dissemination of M&E tools; support for stakeholders required to use the tools, collection and collation of data, reporting against findings, and learning events and products.
Under the direction of the MEL Manager
, the MEL Officer
will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support the MEL Manager in the preparation of progress reports and other high-level reporting documents required of the MEL Unit;
- Support the QLP In-country coordinators, and Australian based PLF staff, to collect and input data through the proper use of tools and understand issues and expectations regarding data quality;
- Collate summaries of PLF progress from the PLF units and from the In-Country teams;
- Support the MEL Manager in convening learning and reflection events;
- Act as a focal point to support country offices in data collection, and disseminate information to in-country teams;
- Help generate case studies, stories of change, and impact stories to demonstrate progress against outcomes;
- Support the piloting of new tools, and recommend refinements to MEL tools working in close collaboration with in-country coordinators and PLF Australia-based unit;
- Work with Labour Mobility Engagement Managers to identify regional program information and communication needs, feeding these into the Annual MEL work plan; and
- Support the publication and dissemination of user-friendly, fit-for-purpose MEL products and services designed to ensure the PLF team and stakeholders have ready access to the information they need and proactively engage with evidence for planning and decision making.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in international development or a related field.
- Minimum of five years professional experience designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems for international development projects.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training and support to M&E field officers.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.