Monitoring and Result Measurement Manager, IMSAR - Rwanda
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleProgramme Overview
Improving Market Systems in Agriculture for Rwanda (IMSAR) is a 4-year programme that aims to increase the income of poor households operating in targeted agricultural markets through adopting a market systems approach to attract investment and stimulate inclusive growth. IMSAR is a GBP ?13.5M programme funded by the UK government through the Department for International Development (DFID) and implemented by Palladium International. The programme uses a combination of market development services, technical assistance and a short to medium term grants finance facility to design and implement innovative approaches to increasing incomes of the rural poor and catalysing inclusive growth.
ResponsibilitiesKey Duties and Responsibilities
Location and Reporting
- Manage results-based planning to ensure that monitoring and measurement are integrated at the planning phase and throughout implementation.
- Support intervention managers during the design phase to develop result chains, establish realistic intermediate and end-of-intervention impact targets and projections
- Lead the development of intervention guides (MRM framework at the intervention level) and conduct ongoing analysis of progress and projections and support the revision of such as required
- Assess reporting systems at the partners' level and support partners with tools and capacity building for data collection
- Design, supervise and/or run surveys and data collection including household level surveys
- Design, supervise and/or run integrated and ad-hoc studies to assess the programme's impact on cross-cutting issues, included but not limited to, women's economic empowerment and social inclusion
- Manage the aggregation system to report results at the programme level - including through platforms as Power BI
- Manage the value for money framework, including analysing and report results
- Produce technical notes on achieved results and learned lessons for adaptive management purposes
- Contribute to the preparation of reports
- Adapt and improve the MRM system as needed
The MRM Manager will be based in in Kigali with frequent travel outside of Kigali, and will report to the Team Leader
- Proven experience managing DCED standard compliant MRM systems in Market Systems Development programmes targeting agriculture
- Strong technical skills in quantitative and qualitative MRM methods (including impact assessment) applied to development programmes
- Sound understanding of logical framework approach, results-based measurement, project cycle management and other strategic planning approaches
- Experience developing and implementing MRM systems to track impact on Women's Economic Empowerment and Social Inclusion
- Experience developing practical guidance and tools for effective monitoring and reporting
- Experience of private sector development issues and M4P approach to development
- Relevant academic qualifications in a related field