Organizational Development Advisor
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is implementing the Health Finance and Governance Activity (HFG), a 5-year cooperative agreement (2016-2021) funded by USAID. The overall goal of HFG is to promote a locally-led, politically smart, adaptive process to preserve Jordan's impressive gains in health, and foster a more sustainable and resilient health sector capable of responding to current and future needs. The Palladium team will leverage its relational and technical expertise to bolster the foundation for progress toward Universal Health Coverage (UHC) through an enabling policy environment and evidence to inform budgeting, financial management, policymaking, and monitoring in the health sector of the country.Organizational Development Advisor Description
Palladium is recruiting an Organizational Development Advisor to support interventions focused on improving human resources capacity and ability to manage and monitor activities, support improvement plans and change management, and provide leadership in designing and delivering human resources capacity building and systems strengthening interventions. The Organizational Development Advisor will be responsible for designing program interventions and activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, working with government counterparts and other implementing partners, lead project delivery and manage small teams, and provide overall leadership in the design and delivery of HFG programs. In order to be successful in this role, the Organizational Development Advisor will need to have prior experience supporting similar activities funded by an international donor. This position reports to the Director of Technical Integration.
ResponsibilitiesOrganizational Development Advisor Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Organizational Development Advisor include, but are not limited to, the following functional areas:
Design and deliver HR management interventions under decentralization with a focus on HR allocation and improved overall efficiency.
- Develop HR standard operating procedures and provide staff training
- Design and support implementation/ measurement of PHC networks
- Develop best practices to improve overall program performance
- Plan and execute program activities in timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for management.
- Ensure effective process of data collection, if requested, manage documentation and reporting for related indicators by relevant team members.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs by supporting the development and execution of project plans, monitoring progress, and conducting detailed review of implementation and spending.
- Identify and coordinate technical assistance for program design, work plan development, reporting, M&E, and operations.
- Develop and maintain an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with GOJ counterparts and Ministry staff to collect data, perform assessments, and support program activities.
- Organize data and results for reports and communications to donor and relevant stakeholders.
- Write donor reports, coordinating inputs from multiple sources, and facilitating the internal review process to ensure timely submission.
- Create compelling statistics, stories, and data visualizations to convey program impact.
- Lead analysis and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and innovations.
Requirements Organizational Development Advisor Requirements
- Minimum of a master's degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 7 years program delivery experience, preferably within a USAID or donor funded program
- First-rate writing, communication, and analytic skills.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices/hours to accommodate coordination with country teams and deliver against tight or unanticipated deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong work ethic and a collaborative, professional team spirit.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Arab and English language fluency
- Jordan experience: An in-depth understanding of, and ability to effectively function in the Jordan political, cultural, and social landscape
- USAID experience: Previous experience working with USAID and/or other donors