Project Accountant - Financial Management Team
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our financial management team and the associate level. This role will support the Director of Financial Management as well as relevant Project managers in the oversight of project financial reporting and financial system administration. Using strong communications skills and analytical analysis you will develop and maintain positive relationships with colleagues, partners and clients.
You will be also be responsible for assisting in the review of project finance and accounts, budgets for accuracy, creating budget narratives, researching cost information and responding to financial requests as needed. This would suit an assistant management accountant looking to take the next step or a project accountant looking to consolidate their experience.
- Building understanding of projects through extensive business partnering;
- Ensuring Profit and Loss, balance sheet and headcount plans are accurately recorded in the system;
- Providing analysis and detailed explanations around actual and forecast project profits
- Responsible for month end reporting on applicable projects
- Analysing and explaining unbilled revenues and unpaid invoices;
- Working alongside the Director, Financial Management to improvement processes and procedures throughout the EMEA region
- Attending monthly team meetings
- Provision of information to auditors as required
- Establishing budget baseline and performing statistical trend analysis;
- Oversight in all elements of forecasting, planning and reporting. Assisting the Director, Financial Management with other ad hoc assignments, as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Financial Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred;
- Experience in project accounting and revenue recognition preferred.