Project Managers, APAC - Brisbane or Canberra
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
In our APAC region, we deliver projects across a variety of specialist portfolio areas including education, governance, workforce development, health, economic growth and market systems development.
Managers in our APAC team work on both program delivery and business development across our various specialist portfolio areas. We are currently seeking experienced managers to join our Australian team. These roles will ideally be based in our Brisbane office but with the potential to be based in Canberra for the right candidate. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to act as project manager on projects based in APAC as well as providing significant input to business development activities in the region.
Some key responsibilities of this position will include the following:
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance with head/prime contracts across your projects of responsibility;
- Ensuring company policies for financial management are implemented on your projects and are compliant with client rules and regulations;
- Reporting on overall progress against agreed targets, milestones, outputs and activities for your activities;
- Monitoring project expenditure against budgets and forecasts;
- Managing any contract amendments as required;
- Ensuring quality of delivery in each project though monthly management reports, risk assessments, internal project reviews and client deliverables;
- Developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across projects, ensuring that consistent leads are generated and followed up on for the broader APAC region;
- Taking a significant role in business development activities associated with the preparation of bids and tenders, research activities and maintaining our lead and opportunity pipeline database.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent relevant experience;
- Significant prior experience in project management, ideally within the context of socially responsible enterprises or international development;
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to produce accurate financial information as it relates to projects;
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Prior experience in coaching, mentoring or developing the skill set of team members;
- Flexibility to travel throughout the APAC region;
- Full Australian work rights and the ability to relocate to Brisbane or Canberra at your own expense;
- High level Microsoft Excel skills.