Public Financial Management Associate, Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
The Public Financial Management (PFM) Associate will work closely with the Department of Health (DOH), providing technical assistance for efficient allocation and execution of health funds. His/her scope will include but is not limited to:
- Provide support to the conduct of diagnostics (budget performance review) and set up of a routine budget monitoring mechanism to help DOH as it transitions to cash-based budgeting, with special focus on the TB and FP programs;
- Assist in the engagement of relevant government partners such as the Commission on Audit (COA) and the Department of Budget Management (DBM) to develop guidelines that will help facilitate DOH budget execution in the longer term;
- Provide technical support to DOH and PhilHealth in preparing policies and guidelines in public finance management (e.g. budget guidelines) under UHC;
- Support a senior PFM consultant on related activities;
- Provide technical inputs to other project activities as necessary.
The PFM Associate will work under the supervision of senior project staff in the area of health financing and health system reform, and is expected to collaborate with other project staff members and consultants as necessary.
- Master's Degree in Public Financial Management, Economics, Public Policy, or other related discipline;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in finance management; experience working with government, particularly DOH, DBM, or COA preferred;
- Knowledge of the Philippine TB and FP programs desirable;
- Effective communication skills, excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated proficiency in client management and coordination with multiple stakeholders and ability to engage in a sensitive and political astute manner;
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.