Public Financial Management Specialist
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID Health Finance and Governance (HFG) Activity is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It aims to improve health sector sustainability and resiliency in Jordan. HFG's goal supports Jordan's commitment to universal health coverage declared in the Jordan National Health Strategy 2016-2020 "...to provide health, financial, and social protection to the entire population on a fair basis." HFG's two primary objectives in support of the GOJ's UHC goal are to promote: (1) Increased spending efficiency of public resources for health to ensure long term sustainability; and (2) Strengthened governance of the health sector at both national and subnational levels to more effectively coordinate, plan, manage, and monitor the health system.
HFG completed assessment of MOH, Public Financial Management (PFM) practices and developed a capacity building program based on the identified needs. The PFM specialist will work with PFM manager at HFG to enhance the PFM practices at the MOH. Tasks and activities required from the candidate are as follows:
- Support the development of the PFM management training material according to updated SOPs.
- Support the implementation of the PFM trainings at MOH
- Work with decentralization focal points to develop job descriptions related to assigned staff for PFM
- Conduct regular field visits to coach the governorates' relevant health staff in identification of health needs and budgeting according to MOF and GBD requirements.
- Assist the decentralization focal points to monitor progress and budget execution.
- University degree in related field (public administration, accounting, finance, economics)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant technical experience in financial management
- Excellent Arabic and English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in coaching and support provision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity