Senior Program Officer
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Palladium is implementing the Health Finance and Governance Activity (HFG), a 5-year cooperative agreement (2016-2021) funded by USAID. The overall goal of HFG is to promote a locally-led, politically smart, adaptive process to preserve Jordan's impressive gains in health, and foster a more sustainable and resilient health sector capable of responding to current and future needs. The Palladium team will leverage its relational and technical expertise to bolster the foundation for progress toward Universal Health Coverage (UHC) through an enabling policy environment and evidence to inform budgeting, financial management, policymaking, and monitoring in the health sector of the country.Senior Program Officer Description
Palladium is recruiting a Senior Program Officer to support interventions in the areas of health finance, monitoring and evaluation, performance management, health insurance reform, government decentralization, costing and efficiency studies, and community engagement and social accountability. The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for organizing programs and activities, managing delivery and coordinating with internal and external staff, lead project delivery and manage small teams, and provide overall leadership in the design and delivery of HFG programs. In order to be successful in this role, the Senior Program Officer will need to have prior experience supporting similar activities funded by an international donor. This position reports to the Director of Technical Integration.
ResponsibilitiesSenior Program Officer Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Senior Program Officer include, but are not limited to, the following functional areas:
- Develop best practices to improve overall program performance
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for programs
- Assist the Technical Team with all program activities.
- Plan and execute program activities in timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for management.
- Prepare meeting agenda, organize meetings and distribute minutes.
- Ensure effective process of data collection, if requested, manage documentation and reporting for related indicators by relevant team members.
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs by supporting the development and execution of project plans, monitoring progress, and conducting detailed review of implementation and spending.
- Identify and coordinate technical assistance for program design, work plan development, reporting, M&E, and operations.
- Develop and maintain an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Perform desk surveys and literature reviews as may be needed to support technical deliverables.
- Work with GOJ counterparts and Ministry staff to collect data, perform assessments, and support program activities.
- Organize data and results for reports and communications to donor and relevant stakeholders.
- Write donor reports, coordinating inputs from multiple sources, and facilitating the internal review process to ensure timely submission.
- Create compelling statistics, stories, and data visualizations to convey program impact.
- Lead analysis and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, and innovations.
RequirementsSenior Program Officer Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree in a relevant field. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years program delivery experience, preferably within a USAID or donor funded program
- First-rate writing, communication, and analytic skills.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices/hours to accommodate coordination with country teams and deliver against tight or unanticipated deadlines.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with strong work ethic and a collaborative, professional team spirit.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Arab language fluency
- Jordan experience: An in-depth understanding of, and ability to effectively function in the Jordan political, cultural, and social landscape
- English language
- USAID experience: Previous experience working with USAID and/or other donors