Senior Research Associate, Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
The Senior Research Associate will work closely with the HEFPP technical team leads to analyse data and generate reports and information for health and financing policy development, implementation and review. The specific duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
- Employ statistical methods and software as well as analytical tools to generate information to support the provision of technical assistance to the DOH and PhilHealth with respect to health and financing policy development, implementation and review
- Undertake review of survey and data collection protocols and instruments to identify data sources for the provision of technical assistance
- Provide analytical support in terms of desk and literature reviews, processing and analysis of data
- Support project activities in terms of generating reports, briefs, and presentations
- Assist in organizing project trainings, workshops, and meetings with U.S. and field-based staff and key stakeholders
- Coordinate with project staff to track activity implementation and reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience
- A degree or similar qualification in Statistics, Economics or other social sciences with at least three (3) years of relevant experience in the field of health care financing. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience in the design and management of operations/implementation research studies or activities.
- Familiarity with survey and secondary data relevant to health financing policy such as the National Demographics and Health Survey (NDHS) and the Family Income and Expenditure Survey/Annual Poverty Indicators Survey (FIES/APIS) of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), TB and FP/MCH administrative data of the DOH, National TB Prevalence Survey (NTPS) and TB Catastrophic Expenditure Survey of the DOH and the PhilHealth Membership and Claims Databases.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and statistical packages such as Stata or equivalent software. Advanced data analysis and visualisation capabilities would be highly advantageous.
- Effective communications skills, an ability to write effectively and to provide guidance and editorial support for staff from non-English speaking backgrounds;
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the field of research, including university research, preferably in the field of health financing and health care reform
- With high level analytical skills, provide high quality advice about the direction of research and the quality of research products which are developed under the research;
- High level organisation skills and an ability to manage competing priorities;
- Demonstrated ability to establish good working relationships with key stakeholders at national and sub-national levels; and
- Analytical, attention to detail, results focused
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as required.
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.