Senior Technical & Business Development Advisor
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Senior Technical and Business Development Advisor will provide leadership, direction, and content to health systems strengthening projects, including the integration of finance, policy, HRH, QA/QI methodologies and standards, and service integration. Responsibilities require knowledge and experience in best practices, donor direction and initiatives, as well as state-of-the-art innovations in the domain area. The Senior. Technical and Business Development Advisor will lead organizational strategies, grow new business in the area of Health Systems Strengthening and lead new business development opportunities, including cross-regional and cross sector collaboration within the company in order to build a robust portfolio of HSS programs. In addition, and where possible, the Senior Technical and Business Develop Advisor will provider overall technical support to various projects, assist country teams to develop technical strategies, approaches and plans, implement activities, and monitor progress towards outlined project milestone/deliverables/approved workplans.
- Provide senior level technical assistance across Palladium projects and business development opportunities in the design, development, and implementation of health systems strengthening
- Lead to quality knowledge management and sharing efforts; provide input on and/or review technical briefs highlighting Palladium QI and health systems strengthening achievements
- Lead the design and implementation of HSS technical support activities, strategies, and approaches
- Stay abreast of key developments in HSS innovations and interventions across key donors and partners. This includes frequent interaction with donor staff, governments, academics and other stakeholders relevant to this area, as well as multilateral partners and donor agencies
- Prepare analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, white papers and assessments for internal and client use
- Provide leadership to team members on matters related to topic area of research and evaluation and applies relevant methodologies to programmatic issues of importance
- Supervise short-term local consultants and contractors as assigned to activities
- Represent projects, Palladium, and programs in the area of HSS, as well as with others in the professional community
- Interact with internal and external resources and other experts to bring "out -of-the-box" partners and new/ "cutting edge" ideas into approaches
- Develop evidence, communications, and think pieces around HSS in collaboration with project staff (studies, reports, briefers, slide decks, articles, blogs)
- Develop capacity of and mentor staff in health systems strengthening
- Lead organizational strategies and new business development opportunities in these areas and contribute to proposal processes
- Conduct all work to accepted standards of research ethics
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- MBA, Master's in Public Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field or Master's in related field.
- At least 12 years of relevant work experience including at least seven years providing technical assistance in health systems strengthening based in the field.
- At least 5 years of experience providing technical assistance to scale up evidence-based, high-impact health service interventions in developing country settings.
- Demonstrated experience writing technical proposals for global health programs.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English; high comfort level writing and presenting data and information in a compelling way to different audiences.
- Prior experience developing strategic plans, workplans and/or SOPs for USAID-funded global health programs.
- Experience managing field-based global health programs including supervising field-based and/or HQ staff.
- Ability to work effectively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally about 30% of the time.