Senior Technical Advisor, Markets and Products-Comprehensive Condom Programming
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleCompany Profile
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium, building on the work of its previously known entity, Futures Group, has been present in Malawi for decades through several projects. Our current projects are the Health Policy Plus Project and the Feed the Future Malawi Ag Diversification Activity.Purpose of Position
The Senior Technical Advisor, Markets and Products is a full-time position for an upcoming award in Malawi funded by USAID entitled PREVENTION TBD - Comprehensive Condom Programming. This position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.Reports to:
Chief of PartyDuration:
The Senior Technical Advisor, Markets and Products will lead on national technical assistance too coordinate and harmonize all segments of the condom market in Malawi, as well as positioning condom social marketing within a Total Market Approach (TMA).Background
The PREVENTION TBD activity is a five-year USAID funded program with the goal of prevention new Human Immuno-Deficiency Virus (HIV) infections in target populations in PEPFAR priority districts in Malawi. Through the PREVENTION TBD, USAID plans to award up to four cooperative agreements to implement three related HIV prevention components: (1) Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC); (2) DREAMS AGYW Services and HIV Case-Finding; and, (3) Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP). The Comprehensive Condom Programming (CCP) project will focus on supporting the GoM to implement the national condom strategy, strengthening social marketing, improving public sector supply systems to increase access to condoms and lubricants, and increasing demand for condoms, especially among key populations.
- Work with relevant Government of Malawi (GoM) staff to develop an overall strategy and framework for advancing TMA in Malawi;
- Develop plans to increase sales of socially-marketed condoms, while maintaining a focus on populations in greatest need;
- Position specific brands for optimal availability and visibility based on consumer research and insights;
- Represent project at national, regional, and global technical forums as required;
- Adapt and apply tools and guidelines and best practices to ensure products meet highest standards;
- Provide technical oversight and strengthen level of technical capacity within the project to meet objectives, including the capacity to replicate, sustain and bring to scale successful activities;
- Support the development and implementation of annual project work plans and budgets with the project leadership team;
- Review and provide technical lens for relevant project reports and other official communications;
- Play a technical support role and participate in operations research projects to identify best practices. Includes supporting the development and tracking of technically feasible and relevant performance indicators;
- Provide hands-on support to project partners and clearly articulating program purpose, strategy and anticipated outcomes;
- Support a healthy team spirit, including staff recognition, team building, and ensuring a values-based work environment;
- Coordinate and/or lead technical trainings for staff, grantees, and partners to build skills and attain higher levels of competency and understanding of current trends and best practices.
- Master's degree or higher in business administration, public health, or similar field, with a focus on innovative product marketing.
- At least 8 years of professional experience in a senior management/technical leadership role in international public health programs in resource-challenged settings.
- This experience should include at least 4 years involved with social marketing of products and/or services; successful practical experience in business or marketing-related field also highly desired. Specific experience with condom social marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of the TMA and marketing principles combined with practical experience and general business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly related to market analytics and consumer research.
- Experience working with developing markets, preferably in the ESA region.
Please submit a CV and Cover Letter
stating the following:
- Your Interest and experience that make you suitable for this position.
- Notice period from current employer
- Possible start date
- Current salary