Social Health Insurance Specialist, Philippines HEFPP
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RoleProject Overview
USAID's Health Equity and Financial Protection Platform (HEFPP), in collaboration with other USAID projects, will support the Government of the Philippines (GPH) to enhance access and financing to meet key family planning (FP) and tuberculosis (TB) outcomes while realizing its goal of achieving UHC. HEFPP will specifically support GPH's implementation of the UHC Bill by addressing policy and institutional bottlenecks within the health financing system.
Palladium will provide technical assistance (TA) to enable the GPH to rapidly and effectively enact reforms envisioned in new legislation on UHC. HEFPP will enable key reforms and improvements in the sustainable financing of TB and FP, as well as the utilization and financial protection achieved in these health areas, by convening decision-makers at critical points in the policy process.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
The SHI Specialist will work closely with the Department of Health (DOH) and the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), providing technical assistance on the regulatory aspects of health financing design and policies. His/her scope will include but is not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to the DOH and PhilHealth in addressing financing bottlenecks in implementing UHC with emphasis on FP and TB;
- Provide technical support on policy, operational, regulatory and legal issues pertaining to activities intended to improve government strategic purchasing including but not limited to provider payment reform activities, and improving contracting with the private sector;
- Provide support to DOH and PhilHealth in drafting administrative orders, circulars, and other similar documents in relation to health financing topics, with special attention to TB and FP-related matters;
- Provide technical inputs to other project activities as necessary.
The SHI Specialist will work under the supervision of the Technical Advisor for Health Financing and Strategic Purchasing and is expected to collaborate with other project staff members and consultants as necessary.
RequirementsQualifications and Experience
- Master's Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Law, or other related discipline.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in social health insurance financing. Experience working with DOH and/or PhilHealth preferred.
- Familiarity with the Philippine health financing system strongly preferred. Knowledge of the Philippine TB and FP programs an advantage.
- High level analytical skills to guide program activities in dynamic and complex settings, with an ability to operate flexibly, adaptively and in a politically smart manner.
- Effective communication skills, excellent writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and program technical deliverables in a timely manner;
- Demonstrated proficiency in client management and coordination with multiple stakeholders and ability to engage in a sensitive and political astute manner.
- Fluency in English.
Eligible candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send a detailed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: HEFPP.Jobs@thepalladiumgroup.com. The email must specify the position applied for in the subject/title.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.