Strategy & Innovation Consultant
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Our Commercial Innovation Practice, based out of New York, draws on the strength and breadth of Palladium's Strategy Execution / Balanced Scorecard legacy, international development experience, and innovative finance / impact investing capabilities to develop and deliver a wide range of advisory and implementation services to firms, non-profits, and government agencies.
We're looking for a talented, proactive, analytical, mission-oriented, and entrepreneurial individual with creative thinking and exceptional organizational skills to join the practice. Our team works in a fast-paced environment that exposes the individual to multiple project and business development opportunities across sectors and industries. The successful candidate will work with a diverse team across the Palladium global network to deliver on client engagements, identifying their strategic goals and developing project plans to execute on those priorities. The role will allow the candidate to gain exposure to a diverse set of clients, project roles, industries, and issue areas, helping organizations all over the world meet their strategic goals.
The primary responsibilities of the individual (Palladium - Americas) will vary depending on their experience and the relevant client and issues at hand, but some include:
- Support the development, delivery, and execution of advisory and implementation engagements
- Research organizations and industry; interview, conduct focus groups, and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams, and other stakeholders
- Identify issues, create hypotheses and execute analysis; translate data into meaningful insights; present recommendations to key stakeholders
- Move the client to action; use frameworks and systems to develop a plan to implement strategic recommendations; manage the overall execution process
- Proactively identify new business development opportunities; articulate Palladium's value proposition for new opportunities; execute and manage pursuit plans to win new business
- Guide more junior staff on technical skill development; play an active role in Commercial Innovation Practice strategy discussions; work with colleagues across Palladium's global network / business units
- Develop and capture new intellectual property and lessons learned; deliver public training courses as needed
RequirementsBasic Experience Requirements:
- Relevant business experience, preferably in strategy consulting or equivalent multi-client consulting environment
- Balanced skills in general problem solving and structured thinking
- Expert at PowerPoint, Excel and presentation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal skills due to client facing nature of the role
- Interest and desire to make change by leveraging commercial consulting skillset for social impact
- Experience in business development and corporate strategy preferred
- Willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Strong analytical skills, comfort working with unstructured and at times ambiguous approaches to problem solving
- Intuitive ability to incorporate disparate ideas into simple but effective concepts
- Outstanding facilitation skills, memorable in-person presentation abilities
- Strong team player, with the ability to work effectively and manage teams with diverse work styles and personalities
- Strong ability to form trusted and effective partnering relationships with colleagues and clients
- Results driven, persistent, and persuasive
- Self-starter/pro-active, strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to see the "big picture"
- Fluency in additional languages (Spanish in particular) is a bonus
- Expertise / experience in Healthcare, Extractives, Financial Services, and/or Food & Agriculture a bonus